For Mother's Day I was given a gift card to the Christian bookstore. I finally cashed that baby in this week and just look at my loot! I'm overwhelmed with giddiness at digging in to each one. After reading two- yes, two- 1,000 PLUS page books in the past couple of weeks I really became convicted about something....reading my Bible. Or lack of in this case. Ethan bought a chronological, read-in-a-year Bible for me last Christmas. I'm currently {{gulp}} 3 months behind.
No, you were not imagining my tiny, whispering, ashamed voice in that confession.
Isn't that awful! I can zip through 2,000 pages of sheer junk and not read my Bible daily. So my promise to the Lord and myself is I will not delve into that new pile until I'm up to date in my Bible. So far it's not been as hard as I imagined....though that stack sitting on the corner of my desk is so tempting!
It's Father's Day weekend but our plans are pretty much the same as any other. We are going to make Ethan his favorite cake and yummy meal, which after a couple of week of 'healthy' eating and P90X each day he should really enjoy!
We don't do 'big' gifts but what I scored is truly the best deal I've done in awhile! Walgreens had collage 8x10s for free this week. Got that. Then I had a $10.00 card from Kohl's that came in the mail. Got a $20 picture frame that was half of and used my card. FREE. So daddy's gift in this house cost me ZIP, ZERO, NADA! How awesome is that! Plus the framed pic is really cute too :)
Have a great weekend and happy father's day to all the wonderful dads out there!

No comments:
Post a Comment