Friday, May 21, 2010

Party Time!


First, let's celebrate the winner of The Story of Me! That would be entry number 17, Laura! Check your email girl and congratulations :) Thanks to everyone who stopped by for a chance to win. I hope you will be sticking around!
Earlier this week our home school covering had their annual end-of-the-year party. It is held at a really cool park about 1.5 hours north of here. They have the largest spring fed pool in the state. My kids were way impressed! It was a lot of fun and we all look forward to going back next year. Thought I'd share some pictures from the day!


We were supposed to be there until 6 pm but around 4:00 it started thundering. It was a mad dash to get loaded up before the storm hit. That is, a mad dash for everyone except us. I had invited a friend, who brought her 3 kids. We were a bit relaxed about the whole thing and ended up being the only ones left! What followed for around 40 minutes of praying no one would be struck by lightening while packing up cars and kids. The Lord is so good though. The bottom fell out of the sky- literally- as soon as she and I both were safe in the cars with all kids. Then we had to drive through that mess. It was one of the worst storms I've ever driven in! I had to stop for gas once we got through it and looked back. I had to take a picture. NASTY.
Our 'break' has about lasted long enough! The kids are bored. I'm irritated. We need something to do ASAP. I'm going to do a short unit study on health/body the month of June. By the end of the month we will start our school year. It's sooooo hot here during the summer months that they cannot play outside. {read: they complain and refuse} So the plan is to swim on some days during the morning hours but continue with school. We'll see how that goes!

1 comment: