Tuesday, April 27, 2010

He Loves Me.


Fight for us, O God, that we not drift numb and blind and foolish into vain and empty excitements. Life is too short, too precious, too painful to waste on worldly bubbles that burst. Heaven is too great, hell is too horrible, eternity is too long that we should putter around on the porch of eternity."

I'm numb. Blind. Foolish. Too much of my 'happiness' has been based in earthly things lately and I find my bubbles bursting, left and right.

It's tempting to allow each worldly bubble that explodes to bring you down. Often this week I've found myself in tears, which is actually a rare occurrence.
The 'why me' mentality takes over my brain and the enemy begins to celebrate.

You can't stay there very long or else he wins. He defeats you and brings you to a place of doubting God, questioning your life and feeling sorry for yourself.

God does not want you there. You are not defeated and He loves you. This is the truth I am clinging to today...this week...this year...this life.

He loves me and I have victory in Him.

"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
1 Corinthians 15:57

"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever-- do not abandon the works of your hands." Psalm 138:8

2 comments:

  1. I've been sharing your season, for sure, and I've been coming to the same conclusions...I'm trying to be more intentional at renewing what goes on in my mind and heart, (Romans 12:2)bringing my thoughts and attitudes constantly before the Lord - It really is an intentional choice to do so, but so necessary, our minds and will is so feeble...thank goodness He does love us so even in our weakness and failings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so intentional- and so hard to break the patterns we are used to. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete