Ok, here's the deal. I've really struggled with very close friends- Twilight lovers- who think that I think that they are horrible people. {Did you catch all that}I don't.
I love you, sweet friends! We are in this together...and share the same love: Christ. I need the accountability and welcome others holding ME accountable. But never, ever do I want my precious friends to feel I am judging them.
The Lord led me today to Romans chapter 12. There is a side note on the opposite page titled 'When Christians disagree about what's right and wrong'. Ha! Gotta love when God just sticks something so obvious under your nose. Some excerpts:
"Christians in Rome were disagreeing on what was proper behavior for a Christian. One person was sure another was sinning; but that 'offender' was convinced his accuser was hopelessly narrow-minded."
"Christians in Paul's day hotly debated such issues as eating meat, celebrating holidays, and drinking wine. What issues do Christians debate today? What attitude should we have toward Christians we differ with?"
What a great question....what attitude should we have? How should we treat each other when we disagree?
"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves." Romans 12: 9-10
Sincerely loving you my Twilight reading sisters!

I have the same thing - I'm adamantly opposed to Twilight as a "Young Adult" novel and the hysteria I see in Christian women coming from it... but I don't dislike them or think they are awful.
ReplyDeletep.s. your blog is just cute.