A couple of months ago I wrote about listening to God's prompting you and obeying Him- whatever it is He's leading you to do. Rarely do I actually follow this advice for myself! Tending more towards arguing, ignoring and justifying {{that it's not really what He wants me to do}} I sit still.
Imagine all the blessings I've missed because of it. Imagine the blessings YOU have missed- because I know we all do the same thing!
It would be so embarrassing if I shared with you exactly how many Bible studies I've committed myself to over the past 10 years- and how many I've actually followed through with and completed. OK, I've completed one....ONE. And this includes one study I was actually leading.
OUCH.
So last week when I got an email about another upcoming study at the church we {used to} attend most would expect the same of me: Yes, I'll be there! Yes, I'm so excited! And...Yes, she didn't show. But something in me just knew that I was supposed to be there- in fact, I needed to be there. Monday nights are crazy around here- my kids have 2 hours of gymnastics across town. Yet I kept preparing Ethan to be home at 6:30 cause I was walking in the door with kiddos and walking out by myself!
Guess what? I did it. I know, big deal right? Well, it is! I allow the enemy to give me a perfectly good excuse for everything in my life- and use them. This time though....well, I received the blessing. The study is on the book of Hosea and while reading through Sunday night I thought 'Seriously? How on earth will this go?' If you don't know what I mean, go read the book of Hosea.
I could have cried/screamed/laughed/hugged Jody multiple times throughout the night as God used her to make several points to ME. Yes, other women might have felt the same. But for those 2 hours I was there to hear the word He had for ME. Things that not even a week before I was praying and dealing with....struggling with the idea of even blogging about them but needing to get it out. She made a point that our Monday's will become insane- the enemy does not want us there and boy do I know it. But when you know that God Himself prompted you to be somewhere and then the Word applies directly to your heart....then you stop listening to the enemy and start following God.
I can't wait to share some of the things we will learn about the book of Hosea, though some I might not be comfortable sharing because it is so personal. But know that the Lord is dealing with my heart right now on so many issues. Finally it seems like this long time spent in the valley is soon to be behind me...and I look forward to climbing the mountain instead!
I'm also dealing with some serious carpal tunnel pain in my right arm/wrist for the first time in my life! I can paint, type and write...but it hurts! So I am not on the computer much now....AND we started school back today. Pray for my arm? I think that possibly it was a way to make me step back from the computer and painting....to focus on other, more important things. But the pain is just that- pain!
Have a very safe 4th of July weekend- remember, NO drinking and driving. One drink is too many when it comes to driving. DO not drink and drive!

No comments:
Post a Comment