Friday, July 23, 2010

Visit the Village

The Homeschool Village that is! Stef from Layton Family Joy has got something wonderful going on for all of us homeschool mama's! You can join up with this growing community of women on the blog, Facebook and Twitter. While you may think I up and died I've just actually been swamped with school, painting and a Mama Meltdown {I'll expand on THAT one later} but am very much alive. At this point.
So I've been meaning to come share about the village with you AND to let you know that I'm on 'the panel' {Doesn't that sound sooooo authoritative? 'Eat your green beans- I'm on the PANEL.' I'll have to try that}

ANYway....every week there will be a different question asked and the panel of mama's will give their answer. It's a great way to get a take on a specific homeschool question from different perspectives- something I really like. Just ask my husband, I can't take an answer from one person...noooo way!

Speaking of that husband, tomorrow is our 11 Year Anniversary. For some reason our anniversary effects me more than my birthday. As in by making me feel VERY old. People who are wrinkly have been married for over 10 years, right? At least that's what I thought when I was 9. Now....not so much. I'm still pretty wrinkle free {that could have something to do with the extra 25 pounds that smooth out all my wrinkles but I digress} and now I look at my grandparents who have been married for 60 years- yes, 60!- and they are wrinkly. It's all about perspective I guess!
{After going on a picture search for this post I realized that it's been a LONG time since we've actually had our picture taken together. So here is one of E all alone on a boat ride last week. Doesn't he look happy?!}


So Happy Anniversary to Ethan and I. It's been an often hard, bumpy road but one I would go down all over again just to enjoy the sweet stuff. Plus we made some really adorable kiddos, make each other laugh so hard we often cry and think made up songs about toots and poop are really hilarious....so obviously it was meant to be!

While you are off visiting places on the web be sure to stop by my little shop and do some early Christmas shopping- it'll help me get to the Relevant Conference in October!





1 comment:

  1. you so make me giggle - eat your green beans, I'm on the panel. thank you! Enjoy your anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete