Our classroom 'rules'- the 1st thing you see when entering!
Our break of being 'unplugged' was wonderful- but I'll confess that we returned to TV much sooner than anticipated! Taking a break from the internet was lovely. The Lord has really been working on some heart issues concerning this little 'blog world' and I needed His perspective on all things concerning it.
I thought I'd share what our school room looks like this year. Last year we used the kitchen table, with most of our books in the large pantry beside it. I absolutely hated that! There are a lot of families who have to use their kitchen table and a lot who choose to- which is fine. But for us, it just wasn't cutting it. We have a 4th bedroom to use as we see fit {our boys share a room and Myrick has her own} and towards the end of school last spring, I turned it into our 'school room'. BUT it was the smallest room and at the back of the house. I felt cramped and secluded...not to mention Myrick's room at the FRONT of the house has huge windows with sunshine waking her at 5am. So it was time for the switch! I've changed a few things around since setting up but not much....and we love it!
So do you have a 'school room' or another room dedicated to schooling...or is your whole house for school? We use our living room a lot- couches, chairs and the floor are always the best for reading! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment